Monday, January 19, 2009

It's been a while

It's been a while since I've blogged.  We had a hell of a week last week.  The temps warmed up after many days of snow.  It also started raining like a son of a gun.  So we ended up with a quite a bit of slush on the roads.  It was so bad on Monday that Hubby and I had to call a tow truck to get out of the drive way.  

As I was getting my van out of the drive way, I noticed my car had been gratified.  The word FUCK was scratched into my driver's side door.  Damnit.  I'm working with my insurance company to get it fixed.  

Just to make Monday a perfect day, there was a power outage.  Why?  Because an avalanche took out the town's hydro-power station.  Again.  Damnit.  This just happened in April last year.  Now, it's happening again.  In the middle of freaking winter.  When we rely heavily on electric for heat and light.  Fuckin' AEL&P.  Last time this happened, I cut back on energy usage by half and still had a nearly $400 electric bill.  I'm so ready to leave this town.

Things on the Hubby front are at a standstill.  I had my own session with our couple's therapist on Thursday.  It went better than I expected.  Hubby had a separate session today.  I'm happy that he's going, and hopefully working on some stuff.  I don't know I feel still about him getting out of the service and going to college.  Almost everyone I talk to about it thinks it's a bad, bad idea.  

One thing I wish Hubby would do is to let me know about some of the improvements he's making to himself.  I've told him I've done some reading, going to make some attitude adjustments, and I wish he'd do the same.  

No comments:

Post a Comment